Monday, January 31, 2011

Autobiography of a Coin


I am a piece of hard material...You'd have probably tossed me on a confusing day of your rackety life..Didn't you?.. 


I had had an interesting life...Of course...Otherwise I wouldn't have attempted an autobiography..


I'd been a shiny, round 'piece of art'..I could say...when I was minted...Silvery Cupro-Nickel  glinted against the light...
I'd been with many fellows...Just like me...Identical...
Meant to help intelligent Humans to go through their petty 'everyday' monetary transactions...






I was thrust into the outer world from the safe bank counter, one day...When an elderly lady had come to fetch some change...
There..I went into her purple coloured purse...Smelt good..Like Mountain Daffodils...(Later came to know that it was 'Eu De Cologne')...


The lady was perhaps very rich..For many months I'd been circulated in fancy shoppes...And posh restaurants...Yeah..It was a happy life...




Suddenly everything changed when a gentleman offered me to a wicked looking kid to bring him the newspaper of the day...
The lad spent me on a chocolate brownie...From a street vendor...His smelly desk irritated me so much...


After that day..It had been chaos...Hawkers, reeking fishmongers, begging peddlers, tramps, greasy mechanics...what not?...
I was aware of how my shiny, flawless appearance was wearing off...


How I transformed from a fragrant proud self to a stinking grimy wimp...


Once I was even destined to remain lost...In a drainage sewer...A tramp with holes in pocket dropped me........






Thank Heavens!...My remaining radiance caught the eye of a bright kid..
She took me in her hands after lots of effort....Polished me..Took me home...
There!..Into her Piggy Bank....She was part of a well settled middle class family...


I've been in her bank for quite a long time that I almost was attached to this pretty girl who often spoke to every non-living thing around her...I'd made friends too in her coin collection...


Everyone in there had a different story to share...Distinct, touching, funny, discrete...and at times happy tales...


One day she decided to get herself a new camera...She eyed us skeptically and then at last decided to break open her precious savings....
I was returned to the bank with all my newly made friends, in exchange of a currency note...


Again..I'm waiting in the bank counter...For yet another life..waiting for me....Adventure is out there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...